Ok experts i found this what is it off of ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ok experts i found this what is it off of ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:00 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:04 am:

An engine!
Bah Ha Ha Ha!
But Im no expert!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Another non-expert says it could be an accessory intake for a Model T using some updraft carburetor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Kind of looks like a Buick item. Not sure though. That little item, sitting vertically in the photo, is something of a mystery in itself. Close-up photo of it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 11:34 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 11:54 am:

I donít think it is T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Measure port diameters and distance center to center - that would indicate whether it would fit a T block.

Maybe questionable whether the "drop" in the center of the "Y" is too deep to allow for an updraft carb. Maybe it would ?

Is there lettering on the cylindrical object ? It's still unclear from pix how it relates to the manifold. Are those set-screws ? What is adjustable ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

Manifold mounting
1 1/2" ports 13 1/2" c to c
must of had clamps to hold it on like a model t

Carburetor mounting
3/8" holes for mounting 3" c to c
1 1/2 center

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Myers_____Pittsburgh, PA on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

Mayer carbs used one very similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

Mike, it's off 64 Mustang, a 34 Chev, a 52 Studebaker in fact, just about any car other than that for which it was manufactured to fit.

That's my standard reply to such questions at swap meets. You should see the looks I sometimes get!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 07:32 pm:

Model T intake is 9-7/16 center to center and 1-1/4 diameter ports. so it is not Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

A lot of early cars used clamps like the T

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration