Couple of trivial questions ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Couple of trivial questions ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

On engines like mine, with plugs that have screw off/on tops and open (forked) wire ends, would you clip the wires onto the sparkplugs or unscrew the tops and put the wires under the nuts?
The holes in my wood firewall for the brackets at the bottom where they bolt to the frame rails are located so bolts that stick thru the firewall just barely hit, on the side, some body reinforcement wood so no nuts can be screwed on. What gives? Wrong firewall? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

Forked or not, I'd put the terminals under the nuts for a tight connection.

Without seeing them, I have no idea about the brackets and firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

And when tightening, turn the terminal just a hair CCW from where you want it to end up. Then, as you make that final little bit of a turn on the thumb nut, twist the terminal along with the nut, using it as a kind of "wrench" to help give it that extra little "Umpf" to keep it tight.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration