Fan hub,felt washer maby?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fan hub,felt washer maby?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

what goes here that I don't have? I am wondering as the fan bobbles back and forth a bit more than I like and it has new bushings.Bolt may be worn some of course but the round cup thing does not take up all the space and the brass washer is all but worn away. A friend said maby a felt washer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

A felt washer fits inside the little cup and soaks up the excess fan shaft oil that you put in under the little pipe plug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

Thank you! this 1 has a grease fitting in it,so apparently that is not original.But it seems to work ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Problem solved with a felt washer.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

Great! But if the bushings are as worn as you say, they should be replaced. The flange on the rear bushing doubles as a thrust washer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

Well I had replaced the bushings back when I was working on the engine.It was a in and out wobble as in towards the radiator,about a 1/16 of a inch or a tad more.The felt took up the "slop". It was nothing serious. I finally after a couple years of not being able to get the pickup project out of the building because of a door issue, I finally got it out and in the shop to piddle on it some.I put the aluminum clamp on crankshaft pulley on it today and dealt with this tiny in and out wobble.
Changed oil in it as it has been sitting 2 years at least.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration