Duey_C's questions: AC brakes for a TT.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Duey_C's questions: AC brakes for a TT.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:01 am:

Crusty TT pics ahead. :-)
Here's the right side AC mounts, obviously. ;-)
No mounts on the left side.

AC

AC front

Is this a right hand band or do I have a left hand band and right hand mounts?
My luck? Hahahaha! Oh yeah! :-)
Here's how it would fit on a right hand brake mount with repairs. It's upside down, ain't it?

band

On another subject;
Any of you guys taken pictures as you removed the split rings?
I have read warnings to make certain the split ring is removed correctly so we don't warp/twist it but I am in the dark.

It's been mentioned here if these pieces of equipment could talk to us.
This poor old TT has TWO full spokes play in the differential! Run till it was done and then paraded. He's tired but is alive.
Now I have him and force the poor old bugger to live again.
Against his wishes???? I don't know. He'll run again with the big boys. :-) Vroooooommm........
The steel cab is cobbled onto this Truck and I wonder if a wooden cab was there originally.

It is a real cobble job with a license on the back from 1943.
The control shaft is long gone and has no brakes other than the transmission band. It has a Warford U D O.

I wait patiently for a rotting wood cab just a few miles from here that needs help now (or 50 years ago).
That cab would serve well on this TT. Just thinking out loud here: But should ya?

I shouln't dare take the poor thing down my hill. Bahhh, I'll take it down after new rubber on the back with my hand firmly on the Warford shifter in low.
Mindless babble stopped.

Thoughts?
Thank you! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 07:32 pm:

That appears to be a left hand band. The lever has a slight bend that should go toward the center of the truck when the pivot point is placed at the bottom. I have the same brakes on my TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 11:04 pm:

Oh! I see it! Since the mount slots were bent to hell, I figured... and didn't think about the lever.
Thanks for helping Justin. :-)
I appreciate it. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration