An easy fix...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: An easy fix...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 07:42 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 07:45 am:

A couple of tubes of J.B.Weld and your good to go

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 08:01 am:

Very appropriate in Bangor :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 08:42 am:

Looks like it used to be a 1919-20 Coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 08:48 am:

Still a '19-'20, it's just now an OPEN car!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Apparently he wasn't using MMO or that wouldn't have happened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 11:15 am:

Probably texting while driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

I think you are right Tim...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

Sick to think about how that cowl got shoved forward and how the A-pillar got taken out...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

Magneto exploded?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

I bet it took more than JB Weld to put the driver back together after that encounter the the plate glass windshield.
Part of my Grandfather's internship was crewing an ambulance at IU Medical School prior to safety glass.Ghastly stories.
At least most of the road carnage I helped gather up when I dabbled as a deputy sheriff was more or less intact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

??!? What DID happen ? Any clues from the Bangor historical folks ? If it was a collision, the fenders and running gear look fairly unscathed. Ran into a beam at windshield height ? Tree fell on it ? What ?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 02:33 pm:

I think that is a train in the background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

....that somehow just caught a piece of it at windshield post height.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 04:16 pm:

More I look at it the more it looks like a roll-over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

Closer look and a little cheating reveals not train in background.
The brick street is wet and slimy.
The cowl damage and steering gear pulled way up like that may have been done to extricate the driver.
The front end damage does not seem severe enough to be enough impact to cause that.
I was going to call the Bangor History Center but they are closed right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

Terrorist or mafia bombing. What train?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

The guy in the second photo is typing the accident report that will have to be turned in to the Boss or the Police. He is using what appears to be a Remington portable typewriter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Remington model 1 portable. Those things are horrible for typing in my opinion... The keys fold out with a little lever on the side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Or might me a 2, I see now theres the long hook supports on the sides of the type bars...

(Sorry for OT)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

You know, those scratches will buff right out....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 01:27 am:

I say he hit the post right there.
Most of the front end bent back after the hit.
The coupe bounced up and bent the rad back and sent the driver, column and cowl forward.
I know I'm incorrect...
Uff da. Nasty crash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 11:06 am:

Wasn't hit in the front. Axle looks OK and headlights look OK. He got hit from the side - kid running a stop sign

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Could it be that no one was in the car? How about if the car were parked and sideswiped by a hit and run driver? That would explain the damage to the right front fender (hitting the post after being pushed out of the way by the offending vehicle) A truck with a high bumper could do that without hitting the running board on the left side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Buhler - Kelowna BC on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 12:26 am:

I have been a tow truck driver and dealt with lots of carnage, death and destruction. My guess is the car was at speed when it hit the pole as it looks like it was swerving right causing the rad to go in on the left. When it hit the pole, the rear axle lifted off and the car bounced back while still running in gear and the right fender hit the pole. I stand to be corrected. Ken Buhler

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration