What's that clanging noise underneath? I'll use the "wrong" part.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What's that clanging noise underneath? I'll use the "wrong" part.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

The Ford parts book calls them brake rod supports, but some folks refer to them as anti-rattlers for a reason. It wasn't hard to figure out what was making that racket whenever I hit a bump.

I've been replacing "wrong" parts with correct 1915 items, but I'm going the other way on this one. As this car is for go and not show, I'll use the 1916-1927 version. Ford changed this part for a reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

Cracked right at the corners of the square hole for the carriage bolt - classic! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 08:22 pm:

Lost bolt and nut on opposite side yesterday, fixed noise with black zip tie....bracket not in two pieces.

Just moved bracket down radius rod to put some pressure on brake rod eliminated further noise. Zip tie temp fix for now.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration