Pedal fittment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pedal fittment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Does anyone know if pedals from an older hogshead, say 1920 will fit a newer (26/27) hogshead?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Yes. But be careful of the low pedal from the non-starter era. It will interfere with the Bendix cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

Also if you are using the removable ear band off the 26/7 high/low, then the inside shaft will need to be cut shorter on the early pedal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

Doug

What Erik's talking about is the little bell-crank under the pedal that releases the high speed coil spring to the pressure plate...they are straight on early cars (will interfere with bendix cover, whereas the later starter cars have an offset bell-crank (to the inboard) to clear the bendix cover). This is all the linkage that makes removing the 3 o'clock screw so irritating on the bendix cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 05:30 am:

I recently tried to fit Low and Reverse detachable bands in a
early transmission and boy oh boy what a drama. Ended up refitting the original non detachable ones

I found that the ears were different heights (shorter on the later ones) plus the opening was narrower and wouldn't slide over the shaft that applies them.

The notion of changing bands without removing the pigshead
is a non event for me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Franko on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 09:27 am:

Doug,I just put a1927 engine& trans in my 1914 .I replaced the pedals with the earlier small pedals with no problems,because I didn't like the 1927 pedals. Low pedal was to close to emergency brake. Also had to change the timing cover because of the fan.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration