Adjusting coils

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Adjusting coils
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Byron McCullough on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 10:24 am:

I have a two small rips, one on each side of the top of my 1925 Roadster where the sides join the top that I would like to repair. The rest of the top is in good shape. I have tried Gorilla Tape but it just does not stick. Does anyone know of a better tape or other method to repair, sewing would be the best but do not want to remove it at this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 11:05 am:

Byron, how small ? I stitched a couple of small tears and plastered black RTV over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 11:07 am:

Wait ! Adjusting coils ?!? HCCT seems to be the consensus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Just set the gap and give it a spin on the Hcct and adjust the amps. If that doesn't fix it, you might need to replace the condensers. Check for double sparking. Should only be one spark.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

Like Rich, I've seen lots of patches work very well. Clean the area of any oily residue and apply some Permatex Ultra Black adhesive. It'll look much better if you smooth it out using some scotch tape or celephane over it to get a slick surface while it dries.
PS.. you can also use the Ultra Black on gaskets, block water leaks or assembly of parts that you don't want to leak oil...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration