Nov. 4 Open House & Dedication of Bruce McCalley Memorial Library & Research Center

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Nov. 4 Open House & Dedication of Bruce McCalley Memorial Library & Research Center
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

We are honored that Bruce's son, David McCalley from Pasadena, CA, will be at the dedication as well as Ron Patterson.

If you cannot attend but would like to send a message with your memories of Bruce, which will be shared with David and Bruce's widow, Barbara, as well as archived in the Library, please ...

- post your message here
- or email to admin@mtfca.com
- or mail to:
Bruce McCalley Memorial Library
Model T Museum
PO Box 996
Richmond, IN 47375-0996

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

Bruce and I communicated via email regarding information about Coupelets when I was in the process of building one several years ago. I saw him at Chickasha each year and twice I took a hardbound copy (the only ones available at that time) of his big book to have him autograph them. The first time was before out email conversations, and it said something like, "Best wishes, Bruce." The second time around, after our Coupelet conversations, I asked him to say something about my Coupelet in his autograph. He wrote, "That's a terrible-looking Coupelet, Bruce McCalley." It's just another example of his wry wit, and something I'll cherish always.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 08:22 pm:

I also knew Bruce through the antique radio hobby.
What a fine fellow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

Van Nuys High School in the San Fernando Valley boasts such famous alumni as:
BRUCE McCALLEY. Marilyn Monroe. Robert Redford. Don Drysdale. Jane Russell. Tom Selleck. Julie Brown. Natalie Wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 04:32 am:

Susan.

My book, "FORD IN NEW ZEALAND - Putting the Car before the Horse" is days away from release, but it has been such a long project. Indeed, the research dates back to when Mr McCalley was still with us.

And he took the time to help me!

Via the wonderful MTFCA Forum, I was able to make quite early contact with people who know far more than me on the subject. Foremost amongst them was Bruce McCalley.

I knew the name from his books, but little did I understand the very great knowledge that he had, or his ready willingness to share that knowledge. He was very pragmatic, and I very quickly learned to stand to attention if he had something to say. And I am humbled that he took the time to help me. How wonderful. From so far away, it is easy to see why he was so well regarded - and not just for his knowledge. He was clearly also a good man.

May many enjoy countless hours in his continued presence amongst us at the library that now bears his great name.

John Stokes
New Zealand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

John
It would be great if you would donate one of your books, "Ford in New Zealand", to the newly established Bruce McCalley Memorial Library and Research Center.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

bump.

Milestone event at Museum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 08:50 am:

Final preparations underway on Friday afternoon.

Please stop by the museum today if you are in the area.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 05:31 am:

Hats off to Susan, terrific Museum staff, and the many dedicated MTFCA supporters who turned out for last night's grand opening of the Bruce McCalley Memorial Library. Sheila and I chatted with old friends, met some new friends, and thoroughly enjoyed this superbly arranged party. Great to see this fine City of Richmond feature fulfilling it's choreographed mission, in such grand style.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 08:37 am:

For those of you that haven't visited in a while, the museum has just about doubled in size. We have added 12 new vehicles in the past few months, opened the Vintage Garage and dedicated the new library. Plans are underway for a new space to house an agricultural display area, and that will open up additional space for more Ts. If you have a unique Model T you want to share with others, get in touch with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 09:42 am:

I plan to visit today!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 10:05 am:

I was lucky & glad to be able to see this new library two days ago while picking up Samantha the Towncar with my friend. It is excellent. Like Jerry said, the whole place is really growing exponentially. So exciting to see it all. I'll be baaaack!! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration