An Excellent Reproduction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: An Excellent Reproduction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

I bought a pack of reproduction touring body "wood upholstery tack strip bolts" from Lang's, part number 5190CXB, they arrived today. The reproduction bolts match the originals exactly as far as I can tell, they have the correct threads, length, and small head size, see attached pic.

Kudos to the manufacturer and suppliers! :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

Great to hear ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

Thank you!

;<)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

Question for the experts - I know these bolts use a #12-24 square nut, but did they originally use a lock washer under the nut?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

These bolts are 1/4-20, and the square nuts didn't use lockwashers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 06:40 pm:

Oops, my bad, thanks RV! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

Randall, you beat me to it. We all know you make perfect parts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 08:00 am:

Between RV and LARRY, you canít find more accurate parts!
Great work guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Can't see the head. I assume the head is smooth? Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Yep; totally smooth as original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

I used some of those bolts on my 21 Touring I restored. They were exactly alike the few good ones I manages to save from the body. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when the 'new' ones arrived.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Question for R.V. - Do you make another version of this bolt that is 1/4 inch longer?

The bolt shown above does not provide enough thread engagement in the nut to be trusted on the top pivot irons (the mounting feet on the pivot iron casting are pretty thick).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim magill on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 10:35 am:

Another question for R.V. , do you have a list or a website of all the parts you make? Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 11:02 am:

FYI R.V., my question was rhetorical - for my 1925 touring body, I got four 1/4 inch longer carriage bolts and ground down the heads to match the correct size and shape. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 11:07 am:

Mark, I make the same bolt in four lengths: 3/8", 1-1/8", 1-13/32", and 1-3/4" long. Each has a different use on the Model T.

Tim, I will mail you a catalog if you will email me your address.

PM me at rvmodeltATnetsyncDOTnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim magill on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

Hey R.V. I sent you a pm Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration