OT?? - "Welcome to Winter!"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT?? - "Welcome to Winter!"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

A 'BIG PRODUCTION' back east, but just normal here... (It's almost Hibernation Time - "See 'ya in the Spring?")
Supposedly it will turn to rain/40's by the time it gets here. Perhaps it's time to get those extra parts into storage?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/snow-blows-minnesota-1st-winter-storm-season-134503387 --abc-news-topstories.html

Take Care; Behave; "Don't Shoot!" (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

Wisconsin winters drove my family south to Kansas. Occasionally some arctic entertainment blows in here from the north, but it seldom stays long. But I'm enough of a cold weather sissy that I'll soon be counting the days to spring. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

It was 82 here in Denver on Wednesday. Thursday a front passed through and we got snow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

-Steve-
'Those winters' haven't really shown themselves since I was MUCH younger...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 03:34 pm:

Marv, Steve and Paul- It will be in the upper 80's here in Northern Cal. and we have had 95 this past week, what happens now is unknown. We have had one little shower of rain but waiting for the big ones, like a n inch or two at a time.
Also waiting till Jan- Feb-March for the MAYBE snow.
I have live in Redding 61 years and have seen a few snow storm of giant size for here , like on e was 27 inches in one snow fall and several 6 to 12 or maybe `14 at one time. It has not been that bad for a long time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

I removed the air cleaner from Betsy this morning and put the hot air pipe back on.

Betsy also needed a little enrichment via the mixture screw prior to starting for today's drive. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 03:51 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 12:23 am:

Had been snowing all day where I am, North of Minneapolis/ST Paul, and only got a couple of inches, out of the whole thing, and the wind was strong enough to keep the snow blowing sideways, all day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 05:57 am:

Marv, It snowed all day on the far west side of the state, but nothing seemed to stick for very long. Just a presage of what's to come. I think the Model T will get mothballed for the winter here shortly. There's so much salt on the roads around here I wouldn't dare drive it during the winter months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 09:57 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 11:11 am:

Rich, Is that you on your way to breakfast?

Just wondering... :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

No Keith. That's me standing atop the Coupe taking a picture and waiting for the open car to clear a path for me. [:0o...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 10:39 pm:

Hi Marv........it appears we still have some old car driving time left before the salt season arrives!....... :-O
I alternate between three cars and will continue to do so until the salt comes out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 07:27 am:

Then fun doesn't stop just because it snows out.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson_graham nc on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 07:45 am:

What is this snow you speak of

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 07:57 am:

Phil,

I think it's that white stuff in the pictures. They say it's cold but turns to water eventually.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 07:58 am:

Snow? is that what you call that beach sand? Must be sumpin special!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Houston---WNC on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 08:38 am:

philip in nc--come to the western part of the state and enjoy last nights snow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 10:51 am:

We've gotten our first 'hard freeze' overnight. Guess it's about time to plug in the bird bath? Now three weeks into the shoulder replacement, (and hopefully half-way through my stint on the sidelines), I'm getting antsy for some shop time again!

Meanwhile,
Take Care; Behave; "Don't Shoot!" (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Snowing at 24F on the great divide west of Laramie Friday. Winter heading east ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

It got below freezing here last night for the first time but that's unusual this early in east Texas. I don't like it because my house is about as old as a Model T and about as air-tight as one but I've got plenty propane. Can walk outside in a short sleeve shirt right now, low supposed to be in the 40's tonight. It's been a few years since it was really cold. Winter time I drive my Hudson. It's nice and warm except when you have to give a turn signal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

No snow here but rain and mid 40s Saturday and today 28 this morning and 25 mph wind gusts in north ga. The weatherman said it feels like 28-29 all day. Just early for 20s and a few fluries.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration