OT....But it's Ford, '37 tail light

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT....But it's Ford, '37 tail light
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 05:13 pm:

This is why Hershey is dangerous. While there I came across a '37 fender that was too good to pass up (FREE!). I figured I could use it for "wall art" in the shop. I came across a 16" artillery wheel (not sure what make or year) for $5.00 and a repop tail light housing with mounting bracket and license plate bracket for $10.00. Unfortunately it's missing the red lens, clear license plate light glass and bezel. I don't know my '37 Ford stuff, but I'm under the impression that the bezel should be stainless steel, the ones I see online look to be chrome plated. What am I looking for? Looks like there are plenty of the lenses out there but haven't seen any of the license light glass for sale yet. Is there someplace that specializes in the later 30's stuff? I had no idea I'd be in this project on October 3rd before I got to Hershey!! That's the fun if it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

If you donít mind spending real money, Bob Drakeís stuff is very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, San Diego near the Presidio on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 05:42 pm:

There's also C&G and Dennis Carpenter. In many cases they all sell the same merchandise.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration