Rebuilding a Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Rebuilding a Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Stimson on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Hello guys, I am new here. I just started rebuilding a Model T. I am not sure what year it is, had it for a long time and not sure where any information is for it, so it is a four door, each door with window to roof, covered cloth roof, with the smaller rectangular window in rear. It is the sedan model. Does anyone know what year this might be? Looked around and couldn't find something that looked like the one I have.

The engine was redone by my grandfather before he passed away. Only one small rusted out part on the rear quarter panel area. Mostly I have to rebuild all the wood, canvas, and roof. I am a decent carpenter and a mechanic so I have a bit of ideas and have some books I'm looking up questions on how the T's are built. I have questions on what people have found to work for rebuilding the wood and any tips you guys have for me.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

At left is a 1923-1925 Fordor. At right is a 1926-1927 Fordor.

The number of louvers in the hood is one clue. the curved door pillar is another. Wire wheels became optional in '26 and standard in '27 as a general rule. The lower windshield is curved on the later one.

A motor number would tell the year if it has the correct motor.

Good luck with your research.

(Message edited by rich eagle on October 28, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 02:20 pm:

Here's a link to a recently rewooded fordor.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/676491.html?148242299

You can type your query into Google with MTFCA at the end of the string for more results

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

If you can, a picture or two is worth a thousand words...and descriptions!! Welcome to the club!
Get ready for another one!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

If the dash has a OVAL ignition switch assembly on it, its a 26-27. If its a RECTANGULAR switch assembly its the earlier 23-25 model.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration