Windshield Post Side Curtain Hooks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Windshield Post Side Curtain Hooks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

Betsy has a short side curtain hook at the base of the windshield post, and a longer, curved hook midway up the post, held on by a round head slotted screw.

I see that the vendors now carry the short hook, but not the longer, curved one.

Am I imagining it, or did the vendors used to carry both types of hook?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

I see the hooks being sold in sets of 4. Both in a 2012 Snyder's and a 1978-79 Sacramento Vintage Ford. Snyder's also sold them each. I assume they would have all been the same length then.
FWIW
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 12:15 am:

Good to know. I've always picked up NOS originals at swapmeets, and they look as Mark described.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 01:59 am:

Not sure my notions are worthwhile here but the 24 out here has a short hook on the forward post mount bolt and the longer hook's half way up under the slotted screw like yours Mark.
Why the change to all short from our vendors? Was a detail lost? My catalogs don't go back as far as Rich's do tho so I don't think I'm of any help.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 10:27 am:

Doubt the longer curtain hook was ever repoped.

You will probably have to search out the longer ones. They also have a bend at the end too. The long ones do go under the machine screw that holds the frame to the stanchion.

The repops are all the shorter style for the lower stanchion carriage bolt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Thanks, Dan. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 10:38 am:

The rusty one Dan posted is correct. The one taped to the post is an aftermarket replacement.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration