1925 Fordoor visor NEEDED

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1925 Fordoor visor NEEDED
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

I see Lang's carries a visor for 26-27.
https://www.modeltford.com/item/50537.aspx

What is the difference between a visor for a 25 and a 26-27?

If there is a difference, has anyone ever modified a 26-27 visor to fit an earlier car? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

This shows good pictures of the visor. The frames can be hard to find.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/211704.html?1305666667

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

Tom,
The Visor that Langs sell ( 1926 - 27 ) is very different to the earlier Closed Car visors.

Here are two period pictures of both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

The 23-25 frames are impossible to find.

I'm not near my PC, But if you type into your browser

search: mtfca.com/ visor

And scroll a bit you will find the detail drawing for recreating the frame, including how to make the angle brackets ( nothing more than a shop project in difficulty). Scroll further and you will find the how to make and seal the cover.

I put both drawings up a couple of years ago but can't find the original post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

Tom,

Did you & Bruce get the 1925 Fordor running ?

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

Tom, I have the visor from my '25 coupe apart from when I rebuilt the frame. It would be a really simple job to make one using 1/8" flat bar, which would actually be better as far as I'm concerned. On the original frame the bottom rail that goes across is made with a rolled lip on both sides which lets any water that may seep in stay and rust it out. Mine was that way and I took some 1/8" rods and brazed them in. That fixed the rust and filled lips in so they won't hold water. I can make you a drawing and send it snail mail if you would like (providing I can find it). :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 08:49 am:

Thanks everyone. Not yet Jim, farming comes first for a while. Nice photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

Tom contacted me about direct emailing him a set of the frame fabrication and cover fabrication instruction set at a higher resolution--which I did

Anyone else want a set via email while it is still fresh in my mind ( read still in the RECENTS on my computer :-) ) If so, drop me a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/780254.html?1502628465

http://www.cimorelli.com/mtdl/projects/bodyclosed/visor/default.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 04:14 am:

That first link that Joe posted is what you need to do Tom. No offense to Tony C., but his visor just doesn't look right. JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

Tom I sent you a PM if you have not found one I have a 23-25 visor. Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

George,

Nice of you to do that.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne thompson on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

I have a visor frame which I think is a 25. It came with the 25 fordoor when I purchased it. It looks like the no 2 picture posted. The vertical slats have been removed and some holes have been drilled in the frame. Will sell it but don't know its value.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration