My new car has a name.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: My new car has a name.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

I don't name my cars as a rule, but this one is different!

Henry is obvious, Henrietta a little less so, but still rather corny.

However, I was given the original registration certificate foe 1955 with the car. Also with the certificate was the waterslide decal for the windscreen. The slash on the decal shows the car was registered as a primary production vehicle. Farmers enjoyed half price registration, but 6 was still a hefty fee to pay.

Note the name of tbe registered owner, grandmother of the lady who has trusted me to preserve the car. Henrietta may be corny, but it has to be.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

I forgot to mention, the last digit on the rego cert. Is missing from the engine number. Hope thst is not a problem. If tbey used computers back then mistakes like this would never happen, would they?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 09:39 pm:

Given the history, I think that Henrietta is a perfect name for that car. Not corny at all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

What a great T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

I see it was registered as a "Buckboard".
More rare than the "Doctor's Coupe" ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 12:25 am:

Our '16 touring is named after the previous owner's widow: Henrietta. Seems like a good name for a T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 08:50 am:

Not Corny great name the truck should be proud to carry! Couple of construction questions, Is the flatbed bolted to the fenders? the tank on the running board is that an extra petrol tank or a kerosene tank (assuming it has a dual fuel carb) or something else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Mine is named after one of the family members who owned the truck ("Angie" for Angelo). Hey, I like your truck!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration