Early oil lamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Early oil lamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Bruce's Black Book page 484 shows Gas Lamps furnished between Approx. #7000 and #10,600 from Mfr. M&E. Anybody know who this supplier was? Interesting that Carbide Generator supplier is not shown on build sheets where most other equipment makers are noted?
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

None of you early parts guys here know anything about this lamp that was used in a significant volume of early production? How about a brass lamp company name beginning with the letter "M"?
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Miller company out of Meridian, Ct. Made lamps from the 1890s to 1920 and the MCFADDIN & Company out of New York that made lamps from 1909 to the late 30ís. Last nut not least the Mantle lamp company of America.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:16 am:

Scott,
I found "M & E mfg." listed in "The Automobile" magazine, 1909, on the "advertisers" page. Unfortunately, the magazine is a bound compilation so the page listed in the index (s) doesn't correspond with the bound pages. It's late here and I need to call it a night (spent a while on this..... ), The link to the google magazine (google books):

https://books.google.com/books?id=xGUxAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA726&dq=1909+brass+lamp+%22M+%26+E%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsvJzjtJfXAhUBhyYKHbbiASsQ6AEIKzAB#v=onepage&q&f=false

It appears any of the indexes (several 1909 issues bound together) have a listing for "M & E mfg." If a person takes the time to search page by page through one issue, there should be an advertisement (?) to correspond.

Problem is, we don't know if this "M & E mfg." is what you're looking for. Good luck,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:33 am:

Disregard my last ......... :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 02:16 am:

Good night Rob.
:-)
But Thank You!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

Great info Rob and others....Does anyone own a set or photos of these? I am inclined to believe these are more rare than the Atwood Castle lamps, although this is purely speculative on my part, since so little is apparently known of them. It would be interesting to know whether these displayed Ford embossments as others of that timeframe did, or whether these may be one of the unmarked "generic" lamps that are routinely discussed here.
Regards,
Scott

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration