Who Mails the magazine.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Who Mails the magazine.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 08:52 am:

The above is my question (Who Mails the magazine).
I am in Australia as many members would know and have receive my Vintage Ford magazine this week and most times I just rip the envelope open to read it but this last issue the post mark took my eye, it was posted in Singapore to Germany so how come we are doing that now. I have been told how bad your postal system and ours is worst so did the system go off track OR WHAT?.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Actually, I think that the USPS does a great job. I wish that the rest of our government was anything close to as efficient. If as a US resident you doubt this, mail a package from the EU to the USA. I once tried to mail a Nikon camera from several different European countries to the US. Portugal was the worst; they wanted $100 for a "customs inspection" and another $100 for postage. Italy and Spain weren't quite as bad, but were in the same general area. I carried the camera with me and it came home in my suitcase. Just for giggles, I checked at my local post office when I got home, and found that they would want about $35 to mail it to Lisbon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

Ray,mine followed the same devious route. My Model T Times came weeks ago. Perhaps they are posted overseas in bulk, to get cheaper rates from there.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

John, you are lucky as if you live out side the US then it is a different story, I have had my parcels sent to Austria, Argentina, and never turn up as in Houston there3 are two mail centres and they played ping pong with my mail for four weeks. The best I can use as an example was items purchased in Philli and ended up ion Santa Rosa for over thirty years with them finally being delivered early this year, the sender had put his address and phone number on it so I called and he just said standard US postal service. It is strange that a magazine I took to be printed in the US is posted in Singapore to Germany then reposted back here to Australia,triple handling.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration