Coupes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Coupes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gus on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

I was under the impression that Model T's made in the US did not have a functional drivers door. I was looking at a 1924 Coupe and it had a functional drivers door. And every photo I find of a Coupe has a handle and hinges. Are Coupes an exception to this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

All closed cars had driver's doors - open cars did not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

That is until the "Improved" open car was introduced - it had opening d.s. doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gus on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 07:21 am:

Thanks Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:26 am:

Why does a chicken coop have two doors? Because if it had two more it'd be a chicken fordor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:45 am:

Eggscelent joke Charlie!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Charlie, that one has me cackling ! How'd you know our chicken coupe has two doors ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

I'm glad to see some jokes got hatched out here. Maybe some more fowl humor will appear.

(Message edited by rich eagle on October 30, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

The usual jokesters on this forum are birds of a feather. Maybe some more bad puns will encourage others to come out of their shell . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

As you can imagine there isn't a he++ of a lot of places you can use a joke like that !! To answer Rich: oddly enough, even though some of you would consider this an urban area, chickens (in small numbers) can be raised. I've helped in 2 coop builds for friends. Plenty of egg pay offs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

The yolks keep coming! Some of these threads lead to topics that are rare as hens teeth. If a tree is cut down to make poles, does that make it a pole tree? A fordor coupe would be twice the fun Charlie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

Dallas, when it comes to making puns, you definitely rule the roost !! ; - )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Here is my Chicken Coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

At the risk of egging you on or getting your hackles up, I will sit here and wait for the nest one.
#;0)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

Enough jokes to make an Omele

(You may be more familiar with its smaller brother, the omelette)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

Now I understand. Thank you Chris. I always thought an omelette was a female omele.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

Thanks Rich. Not out to ruffle any feathers, just winging it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

I am afried that poaching fun at the livestock has scrambled my brain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

glad to see you folks are not to chicken to make a fun pun...as for me , i'll just roost here and wait for someone to lay another egg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

I also apologize to Gus if necessary. I hope our fun is not offensive.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

this stuff really cracks me up!! I love to feather my nest with laughter....I will try to scratch up a few more, a real challenge for someone as scramble minded as I am!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 03:39 pm:

Rich B, Blackfoot, I thought you only had the runabout? Didn't know you also had a coop?
:-)

Gus, Welcome to the funnest forum on the web! We do wander off from time to time, but usually, you can get a good answer as well.
There is so much to the model T's history and lore, that once you get into it, you may well spend the rest of your life trying to learn more.
Welcome to the affliction! I have been at it since I was about ten, about 55 years now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

I cackled a couple of times!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Wayne, I was just pullet-ing your leghorn. Our chicken "coupe" isn't a Model T, it's a genuine hen-house. I thought the French spelling would add some class, kinda like Cluckingham Palace ! ; - )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 05:17 pm:

Speaking of coops, Mine has aluminum molting nailed to it at several seams. Beak cause mine was missing I replaced it with new. I had to heat it to bend it but was careful not to set it on Fryer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

Richard I brought home a coop. I drove it on the trailer, didnt have to pullet. I thought the misses may clip my wings but she was ok with it. I put it in the big barn instead of the garage. Didnt want all my eggs in one basket. Its probably not a chick magnet but I will scratch and peck to get it on the road soon. All yolking aside it will have to roost in the barn for the winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Rich B, Blackfoot, I knew that. I was just pecking at ya!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

You can crow all You want, but it's Too Bad You cant buy a two door Coop for Chicken feed any more. Now they want a wing and a thigh. and if You are not careful they will wring Your neck before the Fat Hen clucks,

PS I Miss Rosters crowing in the morning out here in the fading country side, but then maybe they are still crowing and I just cant hear them. I bet Grandpa could really scatter the chickens with His Model T, I can almost see the feathers flying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Question???....if a 2 door is a coop, is a center door sedan a coop for wealthy old hens ?? such an upscale house would certainly set the other birds clucking !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

You'd have to be pretty hard-boiled not to get a laugh out of this thread !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

Trying to keep a Breast of these tails is too much for me. I hear a different drumstick.
Gizzard Eagle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 09:12 am:

Gizzard, being couped up in cold weather I figured this would keep going. Everyone chickened out? Just pecking on you guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Well, I've got egg on my face. With a dozen or more good puns already posted, I'd hate to gross everyone out with a bad one. Last one to post is a rotten egg !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

I'm amazed at how rapidly all you joksters come up with your puns. Sort of like a fowl flash mob !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration