Old photo early English T Town Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old photo early English T Town Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 01:39 am:

Attended my bride's aunt's funeral yesterday and saw this photo in an album the family had out for perusal. Driver was not identified but I expect it was her father who had been employed as a chauffeur in the UK. Aunt Jean was born in 1922 in England. A handwritten notation on the album page stated "Circa 1900" which is obviously 10+ years early.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

Thanks for posting, Chris ! Wonderful picture of a rare body type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

Thanks Chris!

Looking at the Original photo could you make out what was on the Roof My guess is luggage? -Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

Don, I think it's a wicker luggage "rack". You'd see similar items on similar bodies on cars around a decade older than this ('15 / '16 ? ). Especially in Europe. Neat !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

Looks like the real deal to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Interesting you posted this Chris. This friday I'm taking a friend to Indiana to pick up just the very same style car that he just bought from a museum...a RHD Towncar. His is a '23. Could very well be some sort of "wicker rack". This car we're fetching apparently has some sort of iron "rack" on it for what appears to be the same purpose. We'll have to remove it, as it is right on the height of my trailer door opening and I don't want to take a chance of ripping it off! I'll post pics sometime over the weekend once we get there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration