Timer relocator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Timer relocator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 04:16 am:

I was not aware that a timer relocator existed until recently. I started looking at distributors on ebay, but decided to stay with the original coils and timer on my car. I saw , listed as distributors, the things that are really only adapters that move a timer upwards to near cylinder head level. Anybody on here use one? They would be good for someone like myself. A handicap makes it difficult and painful to work on the timer on my car. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 07:00 am:

Maybe you would be better off with a lower maintenance timer like TW timer or one of the New Day models? I have a TW timer on my car and I just take the cover off once a season and blow it out after checking the brush. The only caveat is that you do need to have a modern neoprene seal installed to prevent engine oil from leaking into the timer case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:03 am:

I recently installed a Thomas "timer elevator" - had it for 30 years and finally figured to put it to good use - had to manufacture a new timer rod - 7/32 is the original size rod BUT the lead hole in my original New Day is 1/4" - little sloppy !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration