First driving lesson by Donnie Brown

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: First driving lesson by Donnie Brown
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curtis Fesler on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

Yesterday I visited Donnie Brown for a tour and a driving lesson. The man has forgotten more about the history of the Ford Motor Company than I'll ever know. We toured his property along with his toys and finished the day with a driving lesson. We worked on low band and reverse only and I had to learn the basics of "Don't slip the Band". He has a fine car and it was an honor being allowed to drive it. I feel I will be able to drive my T once Mike W, Gets finished with it. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

Curtis. Having help from the experienced is always good. Especially one it comes from what I consider "one of the greats". Glad you got the experience of talking to Donnie, as well as driving his car. I would love to tour his place, so jealous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 05:42 pm:

In both cases, you're in good hands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

What Steve said. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

You guys will make my head swell up if ya'll keep talking like that ..:-) Was nice to meet Curtis and his friend who came with him. I think Curtis did real well for his first driving lesson. I think he has been bitten pretty hard by the T bug. So he may be with us for awhile. It was a chilly day in Arkansas but by the afternoon we were able to take a short drive thru the dirt roads around my house to give me a chance to point out things he would be doing while driving his car. Then a good driving lesson around the field for Curtis. It sounds like his car is a pretty nice car, and with Mike giving it a good "go-over" He should be good to go soon.

Getting the old Sport Touring ready to go.

Curtis at the wheel...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Why do some pictures post sideways when they are upright in my picture folder. ????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

Is it a phone picture? They seem to be prone to that sort of thing. I've never had a photo from a camera do that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

Steve, I think they were phone pictures. They were taken by Curtis's friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 09:15 am:

When you are lucky enough to get Donnie Brown, Mike Walker and Steve Jelf in the same pot. Just think of all the good information that can be poured out. If they tell you a rooster can pull a wagon, just hook him up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

They could do it years ago!

They can even do it now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

Donnie the camera puts in exif data which tells the picture it's orientation until you change the data it reverts to original orientation when moved from it's folder. Here you go.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration