Oil Sight Gauge Variant

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Oil Sight Gauge Variant
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Had a couple of spare crankcase petcocks and retrofitted them based on Steve's vinyl tube sight gauge. I wanted a more secure attachment for the flexible tubing.

The 1/4" brass barbed fitting was cut from a standard adapter available at any hardware store. I drilled the petcock opening a little larger and filed the end of the brass fitting ... then soldered it in place.

Petcock

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

Looks good and secure. Post an installed image too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

Going to winterize the T this weekend with anti-freeze and light weight oil. Will install these after draining the oil and will take a picture after I put in the fresh oil.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration