Identification and Information please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Identification and Information please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 03:00 am:

Sorting through a heap of T stuff I acquired. Found this and my brain stopped working...( it's none too good at the best of times).. Says APCO Providence RI(?) Patented June 6 1925 and July 7 1925 what is it ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 03:52 am:

It is a replacement bolt on pan arm. If the model T engine pan stressed a pan hanger arm somehow and broke it, this bolts on in place of the missing arm onto the two side bolts for the hogshead and supports from the frame like the original arm did. They were made and sold by many different companies, in both pressed steel (like yours) or cast iron (I think I have a cast iron pair, but have not seen them in many years). I even used a pair of pressed steel ones on one of my low-buck restorations many years ago. It worked great!
Being Apco is a plus. They made so many accessories for model T Fords that they are somewhat a collectible on their own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 04:05 am:

Thanks Wayne...I knew there would be a good explanation.. I have found a couple of somewhat more ornate ones that are cast.. pardon my ignorance of US geography .Providenece rings a bell as a town or city... what is RI?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 05:53 am:

RI is the state of Rhode Island.

I posted some photos in What did you do in October. I show a pan that had the ears cut off and flanges bent in order to use these ears. I'm putting the correct flanges back on the pan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 09:47 am:

Here's anther version.

I don't think I'd trust one that's been broken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

RI is a little place just south of Messachusetts!
A guy by the name of Roger Williams moved there when he was kicked out of the Bay Colony many years ago.

It is known for red roosters and red chowda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

Tom / Fred.. thanks for the heads up on RI .. not sure about the chowda but am familiar with the Roosters.

Sorting through this stuff I got has revealed a few items I have never seen before.. found a couple of Kingston Elevated Timers and another set up that had a distributor drive from a gear at the back of the generator... interesting

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration