Most Model Ts ....Wins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Most Model Ts ....Wins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

Just wondering... I am sure we have all seen many
old photos of Model Ts coming off the assembly line or at a shipping yard or car dealership back in the day. BUT, what is the ( Current ) most or biggest collection of Ts besides at a Museum that anyone saw maybe from a show or has a picture of ?
10, 20 ,50 etc..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

Judging day at the 50th annual MTFCI in Clear Lake,Iowa. There had to be close to 400 or so cars on the field for a group picture. I don't have a copy of the picture, maybe someone on here can come up with one. That's the most I've ever seen in one spot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

Wow, Dan that's crazy. Yes I would love to see that picture as well. Hopefully someone will have it to show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

According to the Wayne County website with respect to the 2008 Centennial Celebration:

"There were 47 states represented and 9 countries and over 970 Model Ts were present during the event."

I described it at the time as a magical week and my opinion hasn't changed. I commented that on the Wayne County Fairgrounds and in Richmond during that time, Model Ts were like cows in India.... they could pretty much go wherever they wanted to. I think that I could have driven straight through a red light in front of a Richmond police car and the cops would have smiled and waved. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Dick is there any photos???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 03:20 pm:

I have a photo from Clear Lake which was a panoramic shot to fit in a the cars. I was also at the 2008 show bot have nothing that would show all of them. Ill try to get the Iowa photo up here. As i recall the top car in Iowa was an all black 26 Touring owned by some amateur restorer from Michigan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

I think there might be a t or two in here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

Paul, this is on the Wayne County website. MTFCA may have some photos from the Centennial.

http://www.waynet.org/waynet/spotlight/2008/080729-ford-modelt-100.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

I hadn't thought about it, but it appears the majority of cars in that pic are open cars. In those days, more open cars were made than closed cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin R Bligh Carson Washington on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 04:58 pm:

1920 90% of cars were open 1930 90% were closed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

I talked to and congratulated the the guy who had the winning 26 touring at Clear Lake, and I'm pretty sure it was you Eric. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

I work with Eric a lot. He is a good guy and I like his opinion when I'm working on customers cars because he is as picky about things as I am. I was the painter of the black car in Iowa and it still lives near me and I like to just sit and look at it sometimes. I have had a hand in some 65 Model Ts in my 25 years of restoring and the body on Eric's car came out of an old Ford dealer in the south and I believe it may have been brand new as it was built into and behind a fake wall in a strip mall. In fact there was a brand new 26-27 frame standing behind it. I went to pick it up and the guy started to back out of the sale. I was afraid we weren't going to end up with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

That is one fabulous photo there Ed. Do you know anything more about it.

The old 26 of mine didn't do too bad in Clear Lake. The cool thing about that event was i was able to find the car was as good going down the road as it looked.

Believe it or not, Mark and i have had discussions about the car needing to be freshened up a bit...or a lot. It doesn't seem lime that much tine could have gone by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

Not many people I know would take an right out of the box restoration with absolutely no miles on it show it Tuesday and drive it in the pouring rain on Wednesday on a dirt road or two. I remember looking at it and thinking what a big clean up it needed when we got home on Saturday. All Eric could do was grin about it later on😀

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

I believe that rain he drove it in the next day also produced some hail. I have both panoramic photos from 1994 and 2006 Clear Lake tours but I do not know how to load pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Dan can you email them to me I will load them up.
Thanks everyone.

Pgoddard@co.warren.nj.us

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/306227.html?1345268641

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/519341.html?1424301350

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:40 pm:

I think that photo is from a reception for Charles Lindbergh, after his NY to Paris flight. He did a 48 state tour of the US the next year, to hugh crowds! That would make the photo 1928. There is an interesting but fairly rare book about the tour, Flying with Lindbergh, by Donald Kehoe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Here is another. Not the best reproduction but I like it. I believe the story behind this is it was taken in a garage where Ford executives could park, though I am willing to be corrected. Notice all the white tires on the closed cars.T assembly line

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 11:49 am:

I have an original picture of 1000 fords from 1914 that were produced in one day at the ford factory. I am trying to down load. I am having a copy made for the T museum as promised.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration