Brake lever Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Brake lever Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

Is the 26-7 lever [heavier- thicker ]than the early ones??
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 08:10 am:

Not that I know - I think the only difference is the lever was bent slightly outwards towards the new drivers door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:23 am:

You mean there's even LESS room for my left leg in pre-26 T's? Yikes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:39 am:

The seat is higher in pre 26 T's, usually making it a little easier to fit the left leg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 02:25 pm:

I have one different from others , it looks stronger..could this one be aftermarket
??It has no FORD marking like others

brake handle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

I was curious about this, so I measured five. I measured the front-to-back thickness ten inches below the rivet on all of them. They varied across a range of .15". They were .735", .785", .800", .840", and .885". The .800" was on a 1926 RP project. All the others are on earlier vehicles. Of course I have no idea whether any of them are original or replacement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

I'm thinking about bending one to gain a little room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

Perhaps the TT brake handle is made a bit heavier as it is several inches longer ? The chassis is deeper, so is longer by that extra depth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

If the T T uses a longer one, it is not this ,as all are the same size
Thank you all for input-- Lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

The parts book shows no separate brake handle for the TT. The one on my TT project is no longer than the others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Only part longer for a TT is the clutch throw-out lever attached to the H.B. cross shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

Cross shafts where different sizes
Not sure when but changed from 3/4 to 13/16

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

Three different release lever springs and possibly three different release levers along with a heavier stalk?
Personally, I find this quite interesting. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration