Collecting timers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Collecting timers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

If someone was going to collect timers, what would be the three or so best finds, maybe the rarest or most unusual? Just wondering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

This should be an interesting topic. Although I don't consider myself a collector of timers, like a lot of people I have few that I think are pretty cool. I've picked up several over the years that I display in my recreated circa 1915 auto parts store out in the barn. Although it's not particularly rare, I think those clear glass Crystal Timers are pretty neat. Here are a couple of pics of several I have on shelves and in a showcase. I also think display items for timers are cool too. Looking forward to some of the old timers posting info on some of their old timers.
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

That is a beautiful display Terry.

I presume you have seen this thread that Jay started a few years ago:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/263928.html?1328299000

I believe he has more over on the other forum.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

Here's a few in my collection -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 04:10 am:

The best collection of photos of timers was on the MTFCI forum. Unfortunately, they upgraded to a "new and better format", wound up with numerous issues and hacked more than once, and decided to just kill the whole thing after about a year of troubles (and people still think we need to upgrade this? WHY?). Been a long time since I have heard anything, but I was sure hoping that they could somehow make those forum photo collections (various accessories, different threads for different year models of Ts, other things) available for general research and viewing.

The new "modeltfordfix" site has a timer thread:

https://modeltfordfix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36

But it has a long way to go before it can match what was on the MTFCI site.

And while I am on the subject, "THANK YOU Chris B and others that help keep our site going!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 09:44 am:

Which is the greater variety, Model T timers or Model T spark plugs? There are scores (maybe hundreds?) of both. It's amazing how many people thought they had a better idea (or a gimmick that would sell).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:52 am:

Steve, post a few pics of your timers/plugs. They are closely related. Look forward to hearing of your Hershey finds next year. Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 11:09 am:

OLD TIMERS GATHERING Posted back in Dec. 2014

by the way I will be adding to the timer archive over on the modeltfordfix forum this winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

Once you've got all the American ones, you'll have to start looking for the British ones. And I daresay the Aussies had some home grown items. Where else?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration