Need to sell inhertited T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need to sell inhertited T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Karns on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

In family at least since 1950's and probably much earlier. Been garaged. Runs and is titled as a 1915. Some say it may be a 1916. Motor appears to be 1926 (#13724109). Not restored. Seeking advice on how to price it and how to sell it. All proceeds go to our daughter's adoption fund. She is adopting a special needs baby girl from Thailand. Would appreciate any sound advice so we can help our daughter by getting a reasonable price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

Been my experience that eBay is not the way to go. Put up photos here with enough detail that you can get an informed estimate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG99.html

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG100.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Karns on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

Thanks. I will try to post photos tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Be aware that there is a file size limit of 250K per picture on this forum. As far as I know, there is no limit to the number of pictures that you can add to a single post. If you add multiple pictures, only the first two or three will show up in the preview, but don't worry, all of the pictures will be there when you do the post. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:58 am:

If it was part of an estate, do you by chance already have an appraisal?

Not sure of your area, but in the upper Midwest, it seems that “professional” appraisals are about twice what you can actually get.

If you want the maximum price, Prepare to have it for sale a year or more and put some work into it (investing time and money into good advertising and entertaining numerous lookers and people who might bring cash and offer half-price).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

What you are doing is very admirable. I hate to see you lose a car that's been in the family for so long, but you're doing this for a good cause. Adopting a child is insanely expensive, especially if you are doing an overseas adoption like your daughter is doing. Both of our children, ages 12 & 21-mo., were adopted locally and have the same biological mom. Our son was born addicted to heroin, but seems to not have any residual effects that we can tell. He is extremely mechanical and loves cars. He gets extremely excited when I pull out the Model T. Thank you for what you are doing for the blessings this child will receive by being with your daughter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

Pic wouldn't upload.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

The little spooks did though ! Cute !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Most photos benefit from a bit of cropping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 12:55 am:

From my experience at auctions this summer the brass era T's 1914 and earlier seem to be still demanding a bit better money than the price list from 2003 suggests. According to that brass 1910-1911 T's in restored condition would be selling for around $18K but at auction this summer I saw a mostly restored 1910 sell for $25K and a 1911 AACA winner bring a bit more than that around $30K. So from my person opinion there appears to have been some price appreciation in those areas or just less available supply of quality cars for the same amount of buyers thereby driving up the prices.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration