Auction near Hot Springs Arkansas this weekend. NOV 4th

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Auction near Hot Springs Arkansas this weekend. NOV 4th
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:00 pm:

There will be an auction this weekend near Hot Springs Arkansas. It is the Ed Hollier estate. He is the man that made all our repro gas tanks for years. His helper still makes the tanks that we get today, so none of his tank making tools and jigs are in the sale. There is mostly black era T parts left. I hauled out several loads from the estate to sell at the Petitt Jean swap meet a couple years ago for his wife. But I in no way found everything. I will be going to see what I missed. The piles were so deep in some places there is no telling. I hope enough people show up to buy the common frames, rear ends, ect, as I have more than I need already. There were three 26-27 touring bodies, leaned up in a corner. They are pretty rough, but may be good for a speedster project. There are lots of steering columns, and other piles of stuff. Some parts are good and some are rough. Ed was the type to haul it all home. So it was a mixture of very good parts and worn out parts. I have not been there in over a year, so Im unsure what is left, or what I missed. There are also tractors and a very, very, very big flywheel engine, as well as a 1913 Studebaker project car. The auction does not seem to be very well advertised. I kept waiting for the auction zip listing, and then forgot till now to look again. So sorry for the short heads-up. The estate is selling in two separate weekends. The first weekend is the cars and tractors, and some tools and misc. then they will sell the machine shop and household items the second weekend. There will be some neat things selling here, but I do not think it is worth a trip from a very long way, if all you want is Model T parts. But like all auctions, there may be something not shown on the sale bill or not seen till the day of the auction. I will be there, but probably not a big buyer (unless the stuff is going for scrap prices to a scrap dealer). Ill post a link to the sale. There is also a link to the auctioneers other auctions to view the second weekend sale.

First weekend sale
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=2983761&kwd=&zip=72031&cat egory=0

Second weekend sale
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=2995757

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

.bump.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration