New '09 - '13 exhaust pipes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New '09 - '13 exhaust pipes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 12:00 am:

I'm thinking of having a run made of the earliest exhaust pipes, which were used until the earliest part of '13. They will be the original configuration @$70 each plus postage. I'm only going to have 25 made, and the guy is going out of business now, so I need to know right away. These are made like Ford made them. If I don't get any interest, I'm not going to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 01:18 am:

Larry: Are these the ones with out the flange? Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 02:15 am:

I'll take 2. Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 02:30 am:

I'm in !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Macky Mongold on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 06:45 am:

I need two.

Thx, Macky

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 07:26 am:

I'll take two. Thanks for doing this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 07:48 am:

Thanks Larry,
I would like to speak for 2. Thanks, Mike 319-430-4995

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 08:17 am:

I will take two also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williamson on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 08:20 am:

I'll take 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woolf on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 08:25 am:

I would like one.

Jim Woolf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 08:27 am:

Larry, I would like one.

Thanks!
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 08:41 am:

I will take one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 08:52 am:

I will take one .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian korth on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:01 am:

I WILL TAKE TWO THANKS BRIAN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Put me down for 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:20 am:

I will take 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:24 am:

I'll take one also Larry,
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:38 am:

Up to 22 now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Nowlin on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:41 am:

I would like to buy one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:42 am:

Larry... If he's going out of business, why not have him make a run of the 1913 and later pipes also? I'd buy two of those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:43 am:

Larry, sign me up for one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Larry, As fast as these went, maybe you should double the order!
I agree, see if he'll make some of the ones you had done before too.
I know, Many $$$ up front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:52 am:

I'm happy to pay up front....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Larry, I'll take one as well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 11:37 am:

I will pay when ever you want - up front or $$ down.

Thanks for doing this. I have already put in for one.

It is for my 1910;

Darel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Larry put me down for two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

At this rate the guy may decide to stay in business!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 12:52 pm:

I'll take two, please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

I too am interested in one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

Larry: Check your email. I want 4. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

Since the guy is ready to throw in the towel, you may want to do one more run of the later style. I still regret not buying one for my '26.

Then, of course, there's the problem of finding the correct muffler ends. I have to agree with what you've said time and time again, if you're going to go to the effort of making a reproduction part, why not make it an exact copy?

The pipes and muffler ends that the vendors sell just aren't the same as the genuine Ford parts. Oh well.

Thanks for paying attention to detail Larry. Good enough, really isn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Larry, I would like 3. Thanks!
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Dix on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

I'll take two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 02:58 pm:

Hi Larry,

I would take 2 also. thanks much

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 03:19 pm:

I will take one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Barlow on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

im in for one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

IF I count correct. 43!
Plus requests for the later style too!
This is really neat Larry. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Hi Larry, I'll take 1 if you increase your order quantity. Thanks, Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

I need one as well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 12:08 am:

Larry Iíll take 2: thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dorn on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 01:18 am:

Larry , I'll take 1: thanks Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 05:30 am:

Larry I would like 1 Thankyou Mike Husted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 07:50 am:

Larry: If enough exhaust pipes are made to cover the interest, I too would like to purchase two of them. Timothy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 08:33 am:

Larry, I will take one also for 12, zip 80543, Thanks Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george schreppler on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 09:14 am:

I'll take 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 10:16 am:

Up to 58.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 11:16 am:

I didn't expect the interest in these! I figured maybe a dozen guys might be interested. I haven't ordered them yet, and will be speaking to the guy today, or this weekend. Please keep in mind these are the early pipes with no flange. So far, I'm not keeping track of those who have expressed an interest, only the numbers. I will post another note later when they are ready. Also note, shipping on these is expensive. I mailed a 14-20 style pipe to W.Va. yesterday, and it cost the guy $36.60 UPS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Hello Larry:
Many thanks for leading the charge on these. If these quantities are limited, then those who committed here may reasonably expect be first in line to receive those parts. If this is not necessarily to be the case, then please clarify this. I'm looking at the numbers here, and looks like we have more hogs than we have teets.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Larry, It seems a lot of people must have the correct early exhaust manifold ? I have not ask him but does RV stock the your 14-20 pipe ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

Hi Larry,

Would you please add another two to the potential order, so my request would now be 4 pipes.

thanks very much

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Ok- fur us dummies, on the early exhaust pipe with no flange, what keeps the pipe in position?
Packing of some sort, a separate ferrule or?
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 05:55 pm:

Add me to the list. I may need 2 of them myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

Hi Larry, put me down for 1, I appreciate you getting this done!
Regards, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim magill on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 05:15 am:

Hey Larry, do you still have any exhaust pipes left for a 1914, if so I would be interested in 2, also I need one for a 1926. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Dan: From 1909 to mid 1913 asbestos packing material was used that was tightened by the nut and thus clamped the pipe in place like the felt clamps the gas pipe.
Here's an earlier thread discussing modern replacement for that packing: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/449888.html?1401895749

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iowa John L Williams on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Larry1 Hi From Iowa! If Possible? I would like to purchase 2 of the early pipes as well? Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By t med on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

I will toss my hat in the ring for three

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

Larry if your supplier is going out of business you might want to get a hold of me because I have someone that I work with who can make anything out of metal and who will be in business for a long time let me know thanks svibert102@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 10:11 am:

I've upgraded my number to 35. I ordered them yesterday. I haven't made a list. I only wanted to see how many are interested. I'll make the list when they are done, and you guys can contact me then. One more time for those who didn't read my original ad correctly. These are for the early T's WITHOUT THE FLANGE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

Larry, if your supplier is going out of business, maybe you ought to make another run of the later pipes with the flange, I sure like mine. Just a thought. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

Larry,

I am not sure if you got my pm that I sent you a few days ago but I will take one pipe.

Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale McMurry on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

I will take ONE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 05:37 am:

Larry, maybe you should make a run of each of them. Looks like there may be a market out there for them for awhile. :-) :-) I myself would for sure hate to see them not be available in the future. JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 11:08 am:

Larry, if it is not too late, I would like to order one. Thanks, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim magill on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 07:31 am:

Hey Larry, I sent you a PM Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Larry,
There seems to be a huge demand. Would the man make more? I would pay up front to reserve one and show that I am serious. Anyone else?
Robbie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Yes. Larry, what's the address to send you a check?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

I had put my name in for 4 pipes. I am glad to pay in advance if requested to do so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scot Taylor on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 11:37 pm:

Larry, Put me on the list for one. Thanks, Scot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 10:03 am:

I am surprised to see how many folks have the early style manifolds, judging by the responses. A difficult part to find IMO. Are folks modifying the later ones?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration