Veteran's Day Museum Event! Model T Help Requested!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Veteran's Day Museum Event! Model T Help Requested!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Niescior on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 02:59 pm:

Hello everybody!

My name is David Niescior, and I work at the Old Barracks Museum in Trenton, NJ. On November 11th, the Museum will be hosting a special event, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the United States' entry into the Great War, and the Barracks' wartime role as the headquarters for the New Jersey Red Cross. The event will involve guest speakers, interpretive guides dressed in First World War period clothing, and kids activities related to the efforts of the Red Cross during the War.

Unfortunately, though we had planned to have a period car at the museum that day, to help the "time travel" effect, the plans fell through and the car we had hoped to park on our parade ground will not be able to make it.

To get straight to the point, we could really use the help of somebody in the Model T Ford Club, who might be interested in aiding us. Essentially, we'd simply like to have a period car (The Model T is perfect, considering the massive cultural impact they had) on our parade ground. We would not need you to drive it during the day, or do anything particularly taxing on the car, and there is parking nearby for any trailer you might use to bring the car to Trenton. But having a car on our parade ground for the day would really help get people thinking about the people who used the Barracks during the War. The event will run between 10:00-5:00, and we would be glad to accommodate for anything you might need.

If you have a Model T from 1908-1919 that you would like to help us out with, please email me at: dniescior @ barracks.org. (delete the spacing before and after the "@", just trying to avoid spam).

Information about the event:
http://www.barracks.org/wwi-commemoration.html

Information about the Old Barracks:
http://www.barracks.org/history.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Wish I had know about this sooner. I used to live in Fanwood, NJ and would make a homecoming trip up there with the War Wagon. But we are committed to the Atlanta Veterans Day parade and ceremoney on Saturday, the 11th. This year is extremely busy for military vehicles as the Saturday of Veterans Day weekend is also the 11th, so no events are split. They are ALL on Saturday.
Hope someone can come through for you. These events are much appreciated by the general public.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

David, I am also too far away to help. Will be doing the Veterans' Day parade in St. Louis. On the other hand, my commenting on the thread will move it back up to the top so may increase your chance of getting a response. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

The cause is very cool!
I hope some T's can grace your doorstep!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 09:58 am:

David, here is a list of MTFCA chapters in New Jersey:

http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm#nj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

David, I wish I could come but I do not have a trailer and I live on the opposite side of the state. Sorry. Hope it goes well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Niescior on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 03:20 pm:

Many thanks for the replies everybody! Ill be getting in touch with the NJ MTFCA chapters (thanks for the suggestion!) but if anybody who knows somebody who might be able to help, wed be very grateful if you dropped them a line for us.

Happy motoring!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration