1922 The Movie

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1922 The Movie
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

For those of you who like Model Ts and other era cars in films, I found this movie by accident and have not yet seen the whole thing. If you have Netflix, then you will be able to watch it as it is a Netflix Original. I've seen about the first half hour and it looks good so far. It's a crime film and there are some mistakes vehicle wise but, we all know this is to be expected. Just thought some of you might enjoy this.....

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 08:41 am:

Willis, I watched the movie last night after I read your post. Didn't care for it much. Didn't realize until the end that it written by Stephen King. His stuff is too "macobber" for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 08:47 am:

I watched the movie and was surprised when the sheriff investigating in 1922 showed up driving a 1930 Model A pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 09:10 am:

I watched it last week and it didn't impress me any.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 09:20 am:

There are always mistakes with the vehicles as accuracy is not they're main focus. Like the Feed and Seed Chevrolet truck that the lawyer comes to the farm house in. That is a Superior model looks like 1924-25.
Just thought some of you might like the old vehicles on screen.
Did not know it was a Stephen King? I like some of his work.

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 09:32 am:

From the beginning, when it was a tiny village near Los Angeles, Hollywood traditionally has given history a brutal beating. Even the highest quality productions usually get something wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

You mean there shouldn't be a compressed gas cylinder on the back of a chariot in Gladiator?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Findlay on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

1922 was filmed in the Vancouver, BC, area. I had the big blue Cadillac that may show up in a scene or two (the car is owned by a friend of mine). I had teach the star (Neil McD?) how to start it and drive it 50 feet down the driveway, which he did just fine. The Model T touring was something they found on Craigslist and got running for the show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 06:40 pm:

Ooo-kay?
That begs a few questions.
What movie/show Gladiator is that from? I can't quite figure out the chariot from that screen shot. I would imagine it has wrecked and is on its side?
I would also speculate (I seem to be using that word often lately?) that compressed air would be used to spread smoke or dust for illusion of speed while filming action shots in slow-speed to choreograph stunts.

I understand that Stephen King is a favorite author for many people. I cannot really understand that, however, because nearly all my life I have worked too hard and had too little time to read novels of any kind. So I have never read one of his novels. I have seen quite a few of the movies based upon his novels, and I can see how he would be a wonderful story teller and writer. However, frankly, I think most of his novels do not translate well to the film medium. They may have been wonderfully engrossing books? But the movies mostly stunk.
Totally my opinion. With my apologies to mister King.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

Willis, if I could get two of my kids to fully disclose their netflix info, I'd go watch it on my phone. :-)
I think it'd be fun to watch.
Hah! Steven King from Creepshow, "Jordy Verrill, you knulnkhead!" ;-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration