FJ - Share your memories of Bruce McCalley here ..... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - Share your memories of Bruce McCalley here ..... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 08:13 am:

Mr. Bruce McCalley,

For those of you fortunate enough to have met him please post your memories of him here .... :-)

Thanks !

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 11:19 am:

Bruce, me and Gator Gould at a national meeting in Orange County, CA. I called Bruce the guru and his response was always "screw you" he never wanted any credit, he was a great one. He increased our collective knowledge about model T's immeasurably.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

I had the pleasure of meeting Bruce on several occasions. One of my long-time closest friends (and mentors) knew Bruce very well, and introduced us. A more decent, humble, and truly intelligent man would be hard to find. On a few occasions, he traveled up to the Santa Clara Model T Club's Endurance Run. Those were always very busy weekends, and we would not visit much (and there were a few hundred people there that wanted their few minutes with him!). I did get to chat with him at a few swap meets when I went far enough South. But where I got to talk with him the most was the two times I went on one of the Catalina Capers model T tours. Several days, limited (by transportation issues) to less than fifty cars, and fairly close quarters (an ISLAND!). Everybody got face time with the great one. (NOT a snide comment, he was truly admired by everybody.)
Bruce claimed to not like judging of the cars. Although he greatly admired proper restorations, he said he believed preserving them, showing them to the public at large, and ENJOYING your model T was what was important. Regardless of how perfect or truly correct your car is. At the closing banquet, he would give out an award to each and every participating car owner/driver, for "The Best Car on the Tour".

I often make comments about how much more we know today about model T Fords than was known 40 to 50 years ago. For that, more than anyone else on Earth, we owe a debt of gratitude to Bruce McCalley.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration