Early 1909 Crank Ratchet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Early 1909 Crank Ratchet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Would anyone know where I could find a new crank ratchet for an early 1909? The one on the left attaches to the crank handle. The one on the right connects to the crank shaft and is badly worn.

Thanks, Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

Should be repairable - weld on the missing material and file to fit :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

Roger,

My initial plan was to weld and grind, but I was hoping that possibly someone might have one in their inventory. Never hurts to ask....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

Here are the new parts. I had an extra set make, just in case...

They are also hardened.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration