RIP Penny Nikolajevs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: RIP Penny Nikolajevs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

My mom passed away peacefully yesterday after a short battle with pancreatic cancer. She was the one who encouraged me to buy a Model T after the late Peter Morgan presented a slideshow of a tour he had taken with his Model T after shipping it to the UK. After the talk, he brought us outside to look at his car. He could tell I was very interested in the car and offered me a ride. I was about eight years old at the time and from that day forward I searched the local newspaper for one.

When I was twelve I found a 1927 Tudor Sedan for sale and convinced her it was "the one". Of course I was not old enough to drive so she had to drive for the first four years. ...and drive she did. She drove from Worcester MA to Vermont multiple times and on various local tours.

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/telegram/obituary.aspx?n=&pid=187139440&referrer=0&preview=True

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

Peter: Sorry for your loss. I lost a Step Son to pancreatic cancer. It is a terrible thing. So sorry for you. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

My condolences to you and yours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

Sorry for your loss, Peter. She sounds like a neat lady.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Iím sorry . I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

Peter, I can only add my condolences to the others. I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer in 1991. I lost my wife to a glioblastoma in 2013. There are cancers that can be cured and cancers that - for now - cannot. I wish you strength to deal with your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

She sounds like a really neat mom Peter! I know you'll cherish her memory both as a mom and a model T lady.
You're a lucky man. I didn't know how much my dad liked what I was doing until after he was gone.
Rest in peace ma'am.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 01:27 am:

We are all with you on that one Peter!
Prayers and more prayers .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 02:04 am:

Tough to lose someone so special as it sounds that she was. You should have had many more years with her in your life, to share more of your growth and development. I hope you have more good family to share your life with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 09:08 am:

Our condolences for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coleman-Grand Marais MN/Detroit MI on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 11:15 am:

So very sorry Peter. Damn cancer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

Very sad news. My sympathies to you and prayers for you and your entire family. It is wonderful that you have such good memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

A great Mom and some great memories for you. Our condolences for her loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

Sorry Peter that you lost your mom and that is sad. She looks like a great loving lady that loved her son so much that she let him buy an old car even if he was too young to drive itó only explanation for her doing that was her love for you!
Reminds me of my mom and dad that let me buy a full size 1942 Harley 45 motorcycle when I was just 13 years old.
Peter, posting your story and picture of your Model T, your mom, and you was a wonderful tribute to her. God bless you both. You will have those good memories the rest of your life. I know I sure do. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Condolences Peter to you and your family. PM sent too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Peter, my prayers go out to you and your family. Sorry to hear of your loss. I bet you had a heckuva time with her and the T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

Sorry about that. Moms are so special.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

First.......my sympathy.
Secondly be thankful she went quickly.
A former neighbor wasn't so lucky and it wasn't pretty.
Thirdly cherish the great times you had with your Mom.
I'm 66 and my Mom turned 85 this year.
I dread the thought of not having her around.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration