Samantha's headed to her new home

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Samantha's headed to her new home
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 09:22 am:

Yesterday myself and friend of mine, Russ Herner, piled in my truck/trailer rig and headed to the T museum in Richmond, to pick up what is surely a pretty rare, and very neat '23 Towncar. Built in England, RH drive, looks all original. I only have a few pics, dummy me caught up in all the days excitement of getting the car, seeing some old friends again..Keith Gumbinger, Jerry & Kim Kramer, Freighter Jim, Jay & Barb Klehfoth, just to name a few. For the day, I was "Freighter Tim"..ha ha. There were a lot, if not all, board members there across the street in the "annex" having lunch when we arrived, and Jerry graciously insisted we come over and join them. This is truly a great bunch of people. They were busy on a work session, I think both in the annex area that is continually growing, and prepping for today's big dedication of the Library. Which incidentally, is absolutely fantastic. Russ and I spent plenty of time afterward with a nice tour of the work in progress from Jerry, followed by plenty of Museum time. I think it was Russ's first time there other than a short stay last week to look at the car before purchasing. It was great. Incidentally, this Towncar was Jay & Barb's. It's gone to a good, loving home for sure. Here's a few pics. Wish I'd have gotten the whole table load of board members and wives there "lunching down" but I hate doing that. And they scattered quickly after to get back to things at hand.
"Freighter Tim" behind Freighter Jim

Best full view I have, from a distance so I cropped it. These magnificent people had this car loaded so fast I couldn't keep up! :-)

And away they go! Samantha rolled effortlessly.

And she's in!!

L-R: Keith Gumbinger, next to him some strange guy (me!), Samantha's new daddy- Russ Herner, world famous Freighter Jim, and Samantha's now former daddy, Jay Klehfoth. What a great time we had! Thanks again to all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Kramer on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Tim--It was great seeing you yesterday!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 05:49 am:

Wow you have a picture of Freighter Jim, I always thought he was like Tim Allen's neighbor, peering thru the "Fence"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 10:12 am:

Kim, same for me!! Loved seeing everybody, even those whom I only met that day! As usual, took me a minute to remember Keiths name!! Nothing new there!

George..ha ha...that's a good one! Often Jim "takes it on the chin" when he expresses his opinion, but he too is one heckuva model T enthusiast. Too bad he's so dang busy hauling, and HELPING the Museum-gratis no less- or he COULD be out driving one of his own! Some day he will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 10:52 am:

Tim, Where is the like button

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration