WOW! What a great difference a high compression head can make on the performance of a stock T!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: WOW! What a great difference a high compression head can make on the performance of a stock T!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

WOW! What a great difference a high compression head can make on the performance of a stock T!

I just put on one of Kevin Pruss's high compression heads and the engine just works so much better. It does not sound like it is straining anymore.

I did not drive the T out of the neighborhood yet because the steering is dangerously loose, but on the hilly roads of my neighborhood, the T never performed so well!

Just sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Do you notice much difference in the effort required for cranking?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

no difference in cranking difficulty of ease.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 05:30 am:

Yep! I'll second that opinion. I had a Z head on my new rebuilt engine and later replaced it with a Prus head. Noticeable difference in performance and smoothness running over the Z head. Kevin Prus' head is a great acquisition. Couple that with a 280 or 290 cam and you will really notice a difference provided the rest of the engine is mechanically sound.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 09:55 am:

I have an original Giant Power head ready to put on my '25 when I get around to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 11:42 am:

The best feature of the Prussian is the chamber shape. The increase in compression is nice, but the chamber shape is where the real improvement comes from

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration