25 Tudor windlace

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 25 Tudor windlace
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

I believe the rear door windlace is attached to the door post but my model A has the forward windlace attached to the door. I assume the T has it attached to the body, Is this correct? Also is there a windlace above the door.

Thanks. Daren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

I believe we see the windlace at the door post and above the door in this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

I can see the rear windlace but I do not see one above the door. I think the forward windlace is attached to the door post but would like a confirmation on this.

Daren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Daron, the windlace is attached to the door pillar with the flap of the windlace being tacked in place behind the kick panel, between the dash and pillar, then up underneath the windshield trim molding. How one gets it between the dash and pillar I'm not sure. My source is my 25 Tudor with original interior.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

Hello Daren,
This link from a past Forum discussion, ( posted below ) will give you a better idea of how the wind lace and the trim around the doors were done.

Best regards, John

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/348083.html?1363463351

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks everyone.

Daren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 12:04 am:

I'm fairly certain the windlace on 28-29 Model As was fastened to the front cowl. On the '30-31s it was on the door itself (front only)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 09:38 am:

My 28 A had the forward windlace on the cowl. My 30 has it on the door as you said that is why I was questioning the placement on the T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration