Stromberg OF & RHD

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Stromberg OF & RHD
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 05:26 pm:

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can supply me with either information or, better still, photo's of the throttle linkage they have used on a "Stromberg OF" fitted to a Right Hand Drive car.
My Speedster has the steering column located 2 inches rearwards and I'm having difficulty fabricating a curved throttle rod.
All and any advice is most welcome.
Thanks & Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 06:25 am:

Here you go Rob. This carb is on my Duncan and Fraser roadster. The stéering column is lowered 2" and displaced 1.5" to the outside.

This is the standard linkage around a larger bore alloy intake manifold.

I have an accessory foot accelerator pedal. The device on the carb allows both fòot and hand throttle use. It bolts straight onto the standard carb linkages.

Allan from down under

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

Thanks Allan.
Like you, I have a large volume intake manifold on the car and because the steering column is 2 inches back from stock, the lever, in its original position, hits the manifold and there is no room to maneuver.
I'm toying with the idea of modifying the OF's throttle arm by extending it 180 degrees backwards and having the control shaft lever working from beneath the steering column control rod, to the rear of the carburetor. Its raining here today and I can think of no better thing to do that spend the whole day in the shed figuring it out.
Thanks again,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 01:23 am:

Rob, Might you be able to shift the lever on the control rod up on the other side of the 'keeper' and angle it down rather than up. With the arm on the carb set 180 degrees to mine, the linkage then would pull rather than push arm on the carb. Just a thought to help in the process.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Allan,
After bucket loads of tea to help with much head scratching, that's exactly what I've decided on.
Oh, its so good when great minds think alike.
Cheers,
Rob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration