Is there interest in a "new" radiator cap?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Is there interest in a "new" radiator cap?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Well I thought it had been lost in the disaster but it turns out it wasn't. I have an original radiator cap (flip top motometer with wings) and was wondering if there would be any interest if I were to start reproducing it.

The thought is to do lost wax casting in white (german silver) and yellow bronze. That way they can be polished to a nickle or brass luster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 12:14 am:

I have wondered if anyone would repro any of the "flip top" style moto meters...I would love to buy one in nickel for my '19 sedan, an elegant motor car deserves an elegant mascot ! please keep us posted !! thanks,John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 12:25 am:

I surely would be interested

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 09:09 am:

I have one of those. Isn't there supposed to be a badge on the front? Does anyone make this badge?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 10:08 am:

Chadwick

Like that winged cap!

Bought this one on eBay because the 8" size would work on the little T. And the eagle head was cool looking too.

But the cap lip is stressed and bent from closing, and the eagle head won't capture the cap anymore, just falls away. Don't think it is repairable now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

Yes, there should be a badge. Mine never had one and it's in pieces now in prep for mold making (well before the hurricane). A badge is very simple and there are many options. In fact here is an original (same style only larger) that I found years ago on ebay and saved the pictures.

It is really cool how the badge acts as a stop for the latch so the top will just clear.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration