What type of rim do I have?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What type of rim do I have?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am new to this. The back of the rim seems to be higher than the front, making it impossible to stand on its own. Was this a typical design? Also there were a few bolts protruding from the rim with the letter K on them. Evidently the pics Im trying to post are too large.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 11:04 am:

Welcome to the forum.
What size tires are on the front and rear? If it does not have tires, what is the diameter of the wheel/rims? Is it a car or truck?
Most T's will be somewhat higher in the rear normally when unloaded.
K would be for Kelsey-Hayes wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 11:48 am:

I meant to say the inside of the wheel is taller than the front side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

Chad

That wheel felloe offset is normal, that's the only way a demountable rim can be removed from the felloe.

The rim goes on from the outside is held to the wheel felloe by bolts and nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

When the demountable rim is put on the inner lip keeps it from going on too far and supports the rim.
I have some wheels with spokes like those, complete with the air vent holes! :-)
Are you working on a T or just trying to find out about the wheel(s)? If you are working on a T tell us about it, with photos of course now that you figured that part out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

Thanks for the information. Not working T just have a few wheels laying around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

K is for Kelsey, one of Ford's main wheel suppliers.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration