Macs auto shipping quote

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Macs auto shipping quote
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

Wanted a spindle reamer and Macs offering 10% off.
$99.00 + shipping?
ONLY $5.00 discount? Not 10%??
Called about shipping quote. $ 38.00!!!!
I went on Ebay and purchased a new reamer for $99.94 + Free shipping!
Guess who was selling!
Macs Auto?????
Go Figure!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

Steve,

There is no real free shipping .

The cost to ship goods comes from somewhere else.

Where & how goods are marketed on the internet determines
actual cost of an item.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

But remember, if you are buying it from 'Macs'. IF they even get around to sending it, it will be a piece of crap when you get it !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Mac's eBay sales are not Mac's. When you get the crap and it doesn't fit or work, don't call Mac's to get a refund or a return authorization. They will tell you it's their "eBay" division and you have to file a dispute with eBay.

Go to Home Depot and tell them they have lower prices on the interent than in the store and they will tell you it's a whole different store. AND, they don't have to match their own internet price.

SaI just boght a carb for my leaf vac, my son sent me a link to the part number from a internet vendor, I searched eBay with the part number and found it for almost HALF the price from . . wait for it . . . yes, the same vendor.

It's a crazy world out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 08:04 am:

I find Macs inconsistent. I've bought stuff on "sale" only not to get a discount and I bought 4 tires from them on a free shipping weekend and got free shipping. Cant figure them out. I will say that all the parts I've bought from them have been good and I had no issues on that end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

Most vendors get their stuff from the same suppliers, so I wouldn't single out a particular vendor for their quality. Chances are, the other vendors are selling the exact same thing. Service? Now THAT's a horse of a different flavor! I don't have the patience to wait long enough to see what the quality is from Mac's. I already got gray hair. I don't want to have to wait until it falls out, too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 03:06 pm:

Robert, you said
don't call Mac's to get a refund or a return authorization. They will tell you it's their "eBay" division and you have to file a dispute with eBay.

I have to agree with that statement. I also sell on e-bay and by filing on e-bay you'll get your money back and I will get all my fee's that was paid out on the sale...e-bay, Paypal fees returned back to us

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

Hmm, Hal wrote, "Most vendors get their stuff from the same suppliers," Uh, not always true, there are parts that have multiple supplies--and multiple levels of quality from "Junk" to "Really nice."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

We are remodeling our kitchen. We shopped for the appliances (the particular make, line and models we had decided on) at a number of stores and websites. It turned out that "local" vendors had higher prices and charge for delivery. We purchased them from an outfit in New York state for significantly lower prices with no delivery charge, and they're 3,000 miles away. The big box store 3 miles away couldn't come close.

I don't get it, but we saved a bundle. They are here and exactly as represented. It pays to shop.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration