Installing Hogs head and Starter in 1912 T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Installing Hogs head and Starter in 1912 T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

I am considering installing a late model Trans cover with starter boss in my 1912 T. Any issues with this ? Can I take the 1912 pedals and use them in the late model cover ? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 07:20 pm:

Are you just replacing the original aluminum hogshead, or do you wish to put a starter on it ? The cover and pedals will fit, 1919-25. You'll need a later flywheel to put a starter on it.

If you need one, correct aluminum hogsheads come up for sale quite frequently if you're patient, they are a lot lighter than the cast iron starter covers, which is a plus when you're changing bands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

You will (maybe depending on how you do it) need the notch style coil ring. Re pedals; for now the pedals will work. When you mount the starter, the brake and reverse yes, no on the low pedal. The short arm on the low pedal is bent different to clear the bendix cover. Of course for now you can just use the aluminum cover till you are ready to make the swap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

The firewall bracket is in the way of the upper right starter screw and the corner of the firewall may need to be trimmed at that point. I thread a bolt from the back side and then trim it just so I can put a nut on it on the stater side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

I am looking to swap out the Aluminum hogshead for a later one that I can mount a starter. The former owner installed a ring gear when he rebuilt the transmission, I,m not sure if it has the notched mag ring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

I'd swap and I'm in Battle Creek Michigan. I probably have 30 steel 19-25 hotheads. Mark Eyre 269-719-7542. Leave message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 12:09 am:

If you got the ring gear installedjob is half done

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration