Posting pictues

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Posting pictues
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

What is the procedure for posting pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Click on [Upload Attachment...]
Click on [Browse...]
Select the picture (JPGs are the best) 250kb file size limit.
Click on [Open]
Click in the Description box and type a few words.
Click on [Upload]
Click on [Close]
Make sure there is absolutely no text on the same line as the picture code, for best viewing experience.
Click on [Preview...]
Click on [Post this Message]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

A suggestion: Don't shrink your original photo down to the 250 KB or less limit. Make a copy and keep the original in case you want it later. Once it's shrunk you can't get it back. It's better to resize the copy.

The Description box is superfluous. You can skip it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

Steve. I shrink mine with pcresize.com and it leaves the original in place and creates the smaller photo for forum use

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

Yes, the resizing websites will do that. If you use the software on your computer you have to make your own copy. It's two keystrokes for me. I don't know about Windows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 01:02 am:

Dave, I usually use an old Olympus camera set on low quality. It gives pics that are about 640 x 480. Perfect. They're about 60 KB's.
If I use my phone, I email the pic to myself and reduce the size to about 640 X 480. Works good! :-)

Vern knows what he's talking about. :-) Steve and Dave H are quite correct too! :-)
If you're really stuck? Holler. I'll/we'll help you. Been done before. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

How about win 10? Had a 2 click resizer with my Vista 7 PC. (someone here recommended it). The resizer was a box in the picture file and I just had to rt click the pic & hit resize. Created it's own copy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

I am transferring pictures from my Samsung galaxy phone to my Macintosh computer. How do I resize the pictures to be under 250 kilobytes ?

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 12:03 am:

Click on the picture file you want to resize. Hit command c and then command v. This will make a copy for you to resize.You want to keep the original in case you need it later.

Double click the copy file to open it and click Tools at the top of the screen.

In Tools click Adjust size. This opens the size adjustment window. Click/hold the mouse and drag the cursor across the Height number to highlight it.

Change the height until Resulting size is 250 KB or less. Click OK and you're done. I use a height limit of 720 pixels, even if it makes the file size way under 250 KB, because I find anything over 720 pixels high is too tall to fit the screen.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration