Vintage Speed Jack for Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Vintage Speed Jack for Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Best $10 I ever spent. You roll this under the axle and push the long handle down ... and the car is up in a second. Lift the handle and it's back down with no effort at all.

Jacked

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

This was a blowout I had when I first put 55 lbs psi into the old tires that were on the '23 runabout when I bought it. Didn't happen right away. It blew when I was under the car ... unbelievably loud!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

I hope this YouTube link copies correctly but the same idea was used in racing Cobras though it lifts at the front of the frame rather than the axle. Look closely at the first few seconds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fYYpE8EOa08

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Mark,
Very cool indeed.

I will give you $20 for it.

Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 09:51 am:

These are fast no doubt but for those who have spent a long time restoring the rear end and painting it nice and purty the paint at the point of contact gets chewed off quickly. Unfortunately rubber in the interface only lasts for a very short time and it rips but also mars the paint anyway. Best bet is to drive on roads without nails and have good tires/tubes/flaps. I know that last item in my trio is not necessary on some T's but nobody agrees which T's those are that don't need em. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 10:13 am:

I wonder how a little piece of carpet where it touches the axle tube would work?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 11:11 am:

Ha ... well, I have yet to climb under the axle and look up but yes I guess it could bugger up the paint down there. Yes, carpet might help. My car is a daily driver, not a show car so touch up is easy with a rattle can of Rustoleum Black Rust Reformer. It buffs to a very nice sheen after letting it dry for about 20 minutes. I use the jack for checking front bearings and doing brake work etc.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration