What is this wire wheel?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What is this wire wheel?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

This is an odd wire wheel, what is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

Looks like a Metz hubcap and hub. Also looks like Metz spindle. If it is Metz, it should use a 30X3 tire like the early fronts of a model T, and be for 1912 through I think 1915 model 22. Wire wheels were optional on Metz in most years, and standard equipment for the factory offered 1914 Speedster model (original factory color was orange!).
If the tire size is smaller than 30X3 (maybe a 28X3?), it could maybe be for a late two cylinder plan car. Most of the plan cars had a different hub and cap. I know that some Metz cars had wire wheels later, but I am not sure what they had for hubs and caps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 12:43 am:

Hi Daniel,

I concur with Wayne that your parts sure look to be Metz parts and most likely for the Model 22. While these are not plentiful, they also have limited appeal and would be of interest only to the owner of a Metz car with wire wheels who is looking for a spare. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 01:42 am:

I think Wayne has the parts for a Metz 22 model.
If I had more space and some $$, the remains would be at my place!! It would be a neat "bring it back alive" project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 11:04 am:

thank you all for your help.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration