Tanker help needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Tanker help needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 10:54 am:

Due to the generosity of Donnie Brown, we now have an original fuel delivery tank for a TT. We have a TT chassis to put it on. We are needing pictures, plans or drawings of how to attach it and how the wooden bed should be made. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Look forward to your progress so please post as your project moves forward.

(Message edited by vwgary on November 07, 2017)

(Message edited by vwgary on November 07, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

Bump

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/235692.jpg

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/561207.jpg

(Message edited by George_nj on November 07, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

Jerry,
Congratulations on the tanker project. I am currently restoring an original 1925 TT Texaco Tanker I purchased years ago in Madison Wisconsin. The cab of the truck is a "Fields" cab and I believe the tank was made by the "Heil" Co. also out of Madison Wisconsin. The wooden parts that cradle the tank were in very poor condition and had to be replaced. Not quite done with all the woodwork yet but getting close. I spent quite some time researching and found the original wood was "Michigan White Maple" and I was able to obtain it in the sizes needed through a local lumber co. If Your tank is similar, I can gather my papers and make some copy's for You. I also have photos of the brackets and steel parts that hold the tank on the cradle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

Below is a photo of two support brackets and some of the old wood prior to restoration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 10:12 am:

Larry, That tank is awesome! Ours will take a lot of TLC to even come close to yours. Ours is a bit shorter, just two compartments. The bottom is rusted out so we will need to see just how it is fastened to the chassis. Any pictures or drawings would be very helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 05:51 pm:

Larry, If you could send any info you have to the MTFCA museum in care of Jerry, that would help a lot. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Jerry, Please post a picture of your tank if you can. I have a small, two compartment tank that I long planned to make into a gas hauler someday. I don't think I've ever known of anyone restoring a truck with a two compartment tank. They are not very common.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

Jerry, I will get some pictures and measurements together and off to You this week. Do You need any info and measurements of the wood cradle portion the tank sits on? Or do You just need to know how to attach the complete assembly to the frame?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Rick,
How small is your two compartment tank?
Is it for a one ton chassis or 1/4 Ton?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Here is a picture of the tank the day they picked it up. I had other pictures of it, but I can not find them now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

Donnie, Thanks, you saved me a trip to the farm. Larry anything you have would be helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Larry Gresh,
My two compartment tank is small. I believe it is 250 gallons total. It seems to be too short for a Model TT truck. However, I have never seen a photo of a tanker built on a Model T car chassis. Everyone has told me that a car chassis cannot handle the load of a gas hauler tank. If I were to build a Model TT truck for my tank, I think I would lengthen the cab about six inches to push it back a little.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration