WHY? HERE'S WHY...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: WHY? HERE'S WHY...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

When it comes to your own personal car- to each his own. I have much respect for the purists as well as the folks who modify their Ts. Yes, please tell us what you have done to your car but don't preach to me.

What I take issue with is the people that make modifications and then make others feel stupid for not doing the same. I firmly believe that this attitude deters potential new comers to the hobby. Even though you may feel strongly about the way you have altered your T doesn't mean everybody else should do the same.

For instance, I have friends who have considered owning a Model T but didn't pull the trigger because of all the misinformation out there about the car's "deficiencies". The fact is that you can successfully own and operate a Model T as it was originally built.

I am pleased if your alterations make you happy and give you a sense of security but others may not feel the same...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

"Why", another thread. Two was sufficient :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Whatever it takes...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration