Horn questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Horn questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

I have a horn that came with my car when I bought it. It was not mounted on the car. It has "REMY" stamped into it. How can I know if it is a battery horn or magneto horn? It sounds like it should, I think, when I touch it to my battery. I have made a bracket to mount it but am unsure about it. I guess if it sounds good wire it up and go with it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

Tommy-
If it honks like a horn when hooked up to a battery, it is a battery horn. If is just goes, "click" when hooked to a battery, it is a magneto horn.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

If it says Remy, it's not for a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 02:01 am:

Or it's an aftermarket horn; if you like the sound, go for it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

May I ask, what does it sound like Tommy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

A magneto horn has an adjusting screw in the center of the diaphragm.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration