Lang's new parts for Henrietta.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Lang's new parts for Henrietta.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 05:32 am:

I placed an order on line on Nov. 2. It was picked, packed and posted on the same day, arriving on my doorstep on Nov. 8
In the order are new looms to replace the original wiring on Henrietta.

The more I look into the car, the easier life it seems to have had. The wiring is a case in point.

The only thing missing here is one of the Robinson screws in the terminal block.

This loom still shows the alloy tag woven into the cover.The only non-original bits are the plug leads.

Even the horn switch and wiring are intact.

Perhaps the most amazing piece to survive is the tail light wiring. Here you can still see thefibre piece, the tension spring and even the grommet used to insulate the wire from the frame.

It might seem a shame to remove it all but it is rock hard and will not stand any manipulation. I need to keep her safe.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 05:46 am:

6 day turnaround from the States to Oz... not bad Alan.. I sent a package from Gatton to Goulburn and that took Aus Post 4 days!!! I had a similar experience last year with some material for the side curtains of my '26.. 10 days standard post USP and landed to my door for less than half the price I could buy it ex Melbourne.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 07:38 am:

The more pictures you post of Henrietta, the more I love it !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 08:13 am:

Alan, what a fantastic piece of originality you have. I agree with you, even though it's great to see all that original wiring, etc., there comes a time when it just has to be "sacrificed" in the name of safety. I'm sure you'll at least do as I would, once the old original stuff is removed, it'll be carefully stored away so as to at least present itself to whomever gets a kick out of seeing the original equipment. As they say, "gone, but not forgotten". Thanks for the pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Allan

Real neat photos, showing the factory routing of the wire harness and clamps.

BYW, you can carefully razor blade out the Ford tag on the wire harness, and with two slits in the new harness cover, insert the tag, (I added a dab of cement) to it.

Then you will have the 'correct' harness, and keep that part of the old! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration